NSW Government advice for business – Original article https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe-businesses
COVID Safe businesses
Show your commitment to COVID Safety and keeping our community safe. Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan and register as a COVID Safe business.
Steps to become COVID Safe
Registering as a COVID Safe business is mandatory for gyms, places of worship, funeral homes and crematoria, and hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, food and drink premises, micro-breweries, cellar doors, casinos, registered clubs, small bars and casinos. For other types of businesses and organisations, registration is optional but recommended.
Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan
COVID-19 Safety Plans help to protect your staff, customers and visitors as you get back to business.
Some businesses will need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan under the public health orders, but you can also voluntarily complete one. To find out if you need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan, select your industry below.
There are different plans for different industries, and they all provide advice on:
- hygiene and safety
- physical distancing
- recording contact details of staff and customers
- staff wellbeing.
When you’re completing your plan, consult with your staff, and share it with them when it’s done. Find a COVID-19 Safety Plan for your industry
Register as a COVID Safe business
- Once you have completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register as a COVID Safe business.
- Registering your premises is mandatory for some industries and comes with some obligations.
- As a COVID Safe business, you’ll be able to show customers that you’re committed to keeping them safe. Customers will also be able to provide feedback in real-time.
- When you’ve registered, you’ll get:
- digital COVID Safe badge for use on Google and social channels
- print ready COVID Safe badge file for use as a poster or sticker on your shop front/high traffic areas
- posters on safety and hygiene
- reports on how your customers rate your COVID Safe practices.
Show that you’re COVID Safe
- Download and display your COVID Safe posters prominently on the walls of your premises and make your customers feel confident.
- Consider using the QR code you have been provided to collect customer details for contact tracing.
- Share your completed COVID-19 Safety Plan with your staff to ensure their wellbeing.
- Display your COVID Safe badge as a poster or sticker on your shop front and digital and social channels such as Facebook and Google Maps.
- Train new workers to act in a COVID Safe way.
- Keep your plan up-to-date when there are changes to the rules.
Customers can visit the URL in the posters to provide feedback on how your business is providing a COVID Safe environment.