Hello Summer… Register now for your chance to win.
Cafe Culture and The Alternative Dairy Co (ADC) are proud to announce a brand new competition to welcome the Australian heat – The Alternative “Hello Summer” Competition.
The vision for this competition is to showcase the important revenue area of the Australian Café Industry. We want to highlight the café operator’s skill at creating a delicious iced drink, using the amazing ADC plant milks to compliment their creations.
Iced drinks in summer can make up 50% of revenue of a café’s income if they are presented and marketed correctly to the customer.
The competition will help café operators focus on this important part of the café beverage menu, whilst aiding cafes with free promotion via Cafe Culture and The Alternative Dairy Co social channels – that’s right this is $6000 of marketing for FREE!
Not only this, but your winning drinks will also be included in an upcoming official Alternative Dairy Co recipe booklet, promoting the cafe’s incredible drink concoction.
So what’re you waiting for? Say Hello to Summer and register now for your chance to win some amazing prizes!
Competition Period: 9:00am AEST 1/12/2021 to 9:00am AEST 16/12/2021.
How to enter: To enter the competition contestants must register via this registration form.
Contestants will be sent out six bottles of Alternative Dairy Co Barista Plant Milks from Café Culture International.
Contestant to make a cold drink based on the weekly scheduling below, using The Alternative Dairy Co plant milks – the drink can be indulgent, healthy or just plain fun – and upload to their own social media with all relevant tags and information.
Competition scheduling will go as follows:
|Week 1:||Oat Milk||Comp Open 9am December 1
Comp Closes 9am December 2
Judging and winners announced December 2
|Week 2:||Soy Milk||Comp Open 9am December 8
Comp Closes 9am December 9
Judging and winners announced December 9
|Week 3:||Almond Milk||Comp Opens 9am December 15
Comp Closes 9am December 16
Judging and winners announced December 16
- Comp open to one category – café
- The registered competitor will be sent out the following The Alternative Dairy Co milks: 2x almond, 2x soy, 2x oat and competition rules, tips & tricks, and recipe card formatting.
- The competition will run for a 3 week period, grand champion chosen in Week 4, from a taste-test of the top scorer’s drink recipes over each week.
- Competition is only available to Australian cafes/roasteries
- The drink can use any non-alcoholic product but must contain at least 50% of weekly ADC milk
- Drink can be any desired consistency, smoothie-style bowls are permitted
- To be in the running competitor to upload high-res photo of weekly cold drink entry to own Instagram page as a post, within scheduling timeframe above
- Post must include EXACT recipe (including ingredients and method, as per example below) and drink pricing structure within café (including a small description explaining this value) in caption, and must tag @cafeculturemagazine and @thealternativedairyco to be in the running
- Winners chosen based on drink creativity, individual styling (photography), and drink pricing structure
- There will be three winners each week, first, second, and third
- The top scorer of each Week 1, 2 and 3 go in the draw to win title of Grand Champion based on a taste test of the challenger’s submitted recipe
- Bonus Round – Any entrant over Week 1-3 who is overall social media favourite, based on quantity of likes/comments on Instagram
- A judging panel of three prominent café influencers will be chosen to pick the winners of the competition in each section
Official Terms and Conditions
Alternative Cold Drink Competition –
Hello Summer Official Rules and Guidelines:
Game of Skill – Terms and Conditions
Competition Name: Hello Summer – Café Culture International x The Alternative Dairy Co Alternative Online Barista Challenge
Promoter: Café Culture International Pty Limited
ABN – 48164218571
Address: 30 Jambali Rd, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Phone: 02 6581 2677
Competition open to: Café
Entry: Residency restriction, entry is only available to residents of Australia.
Entry age restriction: All.
Competition Period: 9:00am AEST 1/12/2021 to 9am AEST 16/
How to enter: To enter the competition contestants must register via the website’s registration form. C
Competition scheduling will go as follows:
Comp Open 9am December 1 –
Comp Close 9am December 2
9am December 8 –
9am December 9
9am December 15 –
9am December 16
Are multiple entries permitted? Yes, the competitor can enter multiple times each week.
Displaying entries: Via promoters and sponsor social media – Instagram site.
Prize(s): First, second, and third prize for three weeks, plus grand prize and bonus round prize and included marketing and promoting. Total approx prize value RRP = $10 000
Total Prize Pool:
Top 3 scorers each week (9 total):
First place for each week (3 total):
Additional to above Starter Pack, top scorer to receive Apuro Digital Industrial Bar Blender RRP = $525 + $100 ADC Merch voucher + dedicated marketing and promoting on Café Culture and The Alternative Dairy Co media platforms
Grand Prize (1 total):
Out of the pool of the top scorers of Week 1, 2 and 3, additional to all the above they will receive a $500 gift card AND $5000 worth of promoting and marketing through all the media channels of Cafe Culture and The Alternative Dairy Co.
Bonus Round Prize (1 total):
Top scorer based on Instagram reach (via likes and comments) – winner to receive above Starter Pack + $100 Gift Card + $100 ADC Merch voucher.
Total number of Prizes: There are 11 prize bundles to be won.
Judge(s): Sam Taylor – Beverage Specialist at Soul Origin, Rafael Defritz – Food Scientis
Determining the winner(s): Winners chosen based on drink creativity, individual styling (photography), and drink pricing structure, and grand champion will be chosen on a taste test of their recipe.
Notifying winners: Winner(s) will be promoted across platforms and notified via Instagram as per competition scheduling, the name and suburb (or town) of each winner will be published at: Cafe Culture Digital, Cafe Culture Magazine Instagramand Alternative Dairy Co Instagram.
PART A – INTRODUCTION
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
2. By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions include the Schedule above.
3. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
4. Where there is an inconsistency between the Schedule and Parts A to J of these terms and conditions, the schedule will prevail.
PART B – PRIVACY
5. The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of:
(a) conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition;
(b) providing information about the products and services offered by the Promoter and its related companies and its affiliated retailers; and
(c) research to improve its products and services.
6. By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as described in clause 5.
PART C – WHO CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION
8. If the Schedule permits entrants to be under the age of 18 years, such entrants must seek permission from their parent or guardian to enter. If the winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies and Participating Retailers are not eligible to enter. Immediate families mean
PART D – HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
10. To enter, each entrant must comply with the ‘How to Enter’ section of the Schedule.
11. If the Schedule permits entrants to submit more than one entry, each entry must be unique and submitted separately.
12. Entries must not have been published previously or used to win prizes in other competitions.
13. An entry cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of the age, identity, residential address or any other information relevant to participation in the Competition of all entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or fails to provide information that is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has breached any of these terms and conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other entrants.
17. The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries or other communications.
PART E – PRIZES
19. Each prize is product and will be mailed to winners.
20. If a prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value. This right is subject to any applicable legislation, regulations or directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Once a prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
22. All taxes (excluding GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
23. A winner’s use of the prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a prize is awarded, a winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnifying the Promoter against any liability arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the prize and the winner’s participation in the Competition.
PART F – HOW THE WINNER(S) ARE DETERMINED
24. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
25. At the time and date specified in the “Determining the winner(s)” section of the Schedule, each valid entry will be judged individually on its merits by the Judges based on the Content Criteria.
26. The winning entry or entries will be the entry or entries that best satisfy the Content Criteria, as determined by the Judges.
27. The number of winning entries to be selected will be the same as the total number of prizes specified in the Schedule.
28. The Judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
29. Each winner will receive a prize.
PART G – NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING THE PRIZE(S)
30. The Promoter will provide each winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner to provide proof of their identity and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
32. Each winner agrees to participate and cooperate, as required, in all publicity activities relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, being interviewed, photographed, filmed and recorded. Each winner authorises the Promoter and sponsor to use such content for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide.
33. It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any change to their contact details.
PART H – UNCLAIMED PRIZES
34. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify each winner in an attempt to ensure that each winner receives their prize. However, if a winner cannot be identified or does not claim the prize within three months of the date on which the winners are determined, their prize is forfeited and will be awarded to the next best entry.
35. Each winner of an unclaimed prize will be determined and notified in accordance with Parts F and G.
PART I – NO LIABILITY
36. Any prize supplied by a third-party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third-party supplier. Each prize may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, thePromoter shall not be liable and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for damage to property, personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or the use or taking of any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
37. If entry is via Facebook or if the Competition is promoted on Facebook, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and each entrant agrees to grant Facebook a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
(a) any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook or any other social network; and
(b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook or any other social network.
38. If entry is via Instagram or if the Competition is promoted on Instagram, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram and each entrant agrees to grant Instagram a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
(a) any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram or any other social network; and
(b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Instagram or any other social network.
PART J – TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
39. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.
Visit The Alternative Dairy Co website to learn more about the alternative milk range