Are you trying to brew coffee in Toddys out the back of the roastery ?……
Cold Brew coffee is the next wave of growth in the high volume RTD (ready to drink) sector and there are many ways to ‘skin this cat’ so to speak says Brett Bolwell of Brew Projects. “I got fed up with hearing about coffee roaster’s trying to manufacture their own cold brew without understanding the potential implications around efficiency and safety”. Now the time is right to think about going commercial especially with the onslaught of the corona virus epidemic and cafes all now swinging over to a takeaway coffee menu by law”. Says Brett.
If you look at companies that have set the revolution and growth for takeaway cold coffee around the globe what surprises me is the uptake in Australia has been quite slow. Stumptown Coffee out of Portland Oregon built a national business with its nitro cold brew in a can and was probably the first specialty coffee business that sold products in all fifty states in the USA. Japan UCC Coffee has been one of the leaders in cold can coffee and has one of the biggest coffee vending businesses in the world.
While the takeaway market is clearly going to increase in these uncertain times there are many other risks associated with trying to do your own RTD coffee. Some of these include:
- Poor understanding of the real shelf life of your product could potentially seriously harm someone.
- Brewing, packaging & designing your own product is not only time consuming but a plain waste of your own resources.
- Offering multiple offers like black, dairy, non-dairy, functional coffee and others is cost prohibitive for a small to medium size operator.
- Designing your packaging and brand takes time and skills you may not have.
- Understanding the brew ratios, new brew methods like Cold Press and use of additives, flavours and many other variations is a mine field.
- Functional coffee beverages are the future and our partnerships could help you design an innovative coffee drink that offers health benefits with a kick!
Brew Projects can take your idea from conception to store whilst you maintain your sanity and focus on doing what you do best. Our proprietary cold press process offers much better shelf life than current cold brew methods along with the added benefit of a better flavour.
We are the only HACCP approved cold brew contract manufacturer in Australia that offers small run options as low as 2400 cans per order giving you the ability to order fresh and reduce shelf life issues down the track.
Our current new range includes the latest sleek can options that offer great profit margins for your takeaway coffee venture.
Why would I do this?
- Open up new markets for your coffee brand
- Great profit margins
- Retailers such as small supermarkets, petrol stations and convenience stores all want coffee products to sell
- No distributors needed, take out the middle man
- Direct to market opportunities via Instagram, Web and Social media.
Barista Technology Australia commenced operations in 2013 by Brett Bolwell following his success as one of Australia’s leading automatic coffee franchise businesses Espresso Essential. This passion for the coffee industry paved the way to new opportunities by way of introducing advantages from the benefits of using an automated approach to highly repetitive barista duties. Barista Technology Australia are a national supplier of today’s most reputable cafe products such as Puqpress, Perfect Moose, Sanremo & La Marzocco coffee machines, Anfim, Mahlkonig & Mythos grinders. Brett can now add Brew Projects to his array of products. “At Brew Projects our primary focus is offering coffee roasters a one-stop contract cold brewing solution. We are the first in Australia to have a system to extend the shelf life of cold brew using our Cold Pressing equipment.“