What better time to start playing with those plant-based menu options you’ve been thinking about?
And with Australia leading the global trend towards plant-based eating, whether it’s World Meat Free Week, Meat Free Months like Veganuary or No Meat May, or even just Meat Free Mondays, there’s a growing number of Australians that are looking forward to enjoying your plant-based creations.
So here’s a challenge. Why not try just one plant-based meal this week?
Looking for an easy first step? The recipe below should help to get the creative juices flowing.
TERIYAKI BURGER WITH CHOPPED SPRING ONION
15 mins Serves 4
- To prepare the Teriyaki sauce, place a small saucepan onto the BBQ. Pour in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and water. Add sugar, ginger and corn flour. Bring to boil over a low heat stirring gently for 5 mins until glossy.
- Season the burgers and add into a frying pan cooking for 3 – 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Finish off the burger placing some cheese on it to melt (if you want).
- Toast your brioche buns directly onto the grill of the BBQ for 1 min, this will create a barrier for the juicy marinade and stop them from going soggy.
- To serve, place the burgers (topped with cheese) into the buns and add another layer of the Teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with the chopped spring onion.
- 2 packs Meatless Farm burgers (4)
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- Cheese (optional)
- 70ml light soy sauce
- 1 thumb ginger finely diced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 85g soft brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 350ml water
- 4 bread buns
And don’t be shy! We’d love to see what you come up with!
Post your creations and tag Café Culture Digital and Meatless Farm Co in Australia so that we can all enjoy, appreciate, and be inspired by your creations.
For more Meatless recipes visit https://meatlessfarm.com/australia/recipes